Founded in 2010, ARES federates French associations of students in social sciences (economics, management, law) and aims to play a role of non-partisan representative near to academic councils and a large panel of public institutions and organisms in charge of higher education and employability.
As a bottom-up model, ARES unites its members around strong democratic values such as:
– respect of independence from any political party, any union, any confession
– promotion of pluralism and transparency
– willingness to improve studying and social conditions anywhere in France
– inspiration of solidarity towards international students and students at international scale
ARES attaches great importance to the French universitary system and struggle to maintain a higher education model accessible for all and pursuing the foundmal goal of employment. This is to cope with changes and reforms relative to our educational sector during these last years, that the creation of such a federative structure was absolutely essential to promote and defend the interests of students in the social sciences.
The diversity of ARES’ network enables experience sharing and encourages the pooling of skills. ARES contributes to create a sense of belonging and so insure solidarity between associations and representatives.
Since its creation, ARES acts everyday for students in Social sciences by :
– representing the moral and material interests, both collective and individual, students in Social Sciences, and express their(s) position(s) near to to the public/academic authorities, professional actors, and public opinion.
– supporting the long-term development of students associations in Social sciences
– maintaining informed and train the students’ representatives who recognize themselves in the independent associative movement
– engaging to provide a way of thinking about Higher education and status of student in Social sciences
– to contribute to enhance an “esprit de corps” and solidarity